Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Checking In and a Little Bragging. :)

Well, Ruby is growing like a WEED! Time needs to slow down a little bit I'm telling you!
I have been writing every little thing down on our calendar on the fridge.  I noticed that last Thursday I noted that she had finally gotten a toy with her hands and pushed it up to her mouth.  I was a teeny bit hesitant to write it down because it was almost accidental.  But I'm glad I did.  Because today, I noticed in just a week's time, that she has become an expert at purposely grabbing things and putting them up to her mouth.  It's amazing how quickly new skills are perfected!  She can get from her back up to her side, but not all the way over, yet I'm sure that the rolling will happen soon also.
This week, I had a really bad day.  And Corey happened to be out of town.  I had gotten Ruby fed and asleep and I laid her in the middle of the bed so I could jump in the shower.
Well...of course what happens as soon as I get in?  She starts crying of course.  I am rushing through my shower and after a minute or two she stops crying.
I get out of the shower and see this.......



Big Brother reading her a story!

 He was quick to assure me that he did not pick her up.  In fact, he was eager to demonstrate how he had rolled himself underneath her by lying down on the bed and scooting. ha ha.
They are such fantastic helpers.  Most of the time.  It seems while I am cooking dinner...the only time I can't actually hold her and do what I am doing, they want to scatter to their room and leave her to sit alone.  They quickly saw the benefit of my being able to cook so they are better about helping me now.


School is going great.  We are finishing up our 6th week tomorrow.  They both started their class this week as well.  On Mondays from 1pm-5pm they are taking a Marine Biology class at the Education Playstation.
We chose to put them in a class together this time.  I have a feeling I am going to really value those 4 hours when I can run errands and get groceries with just the wee one in tow.

They are learning cursive handwriting this year.  I bought the books last year but after just one letter I realized they were not ready.  But this year is going great!  I am especially proud of Katie, because print handwriting hasn't always been her favorite thing to do neatly and slowly, ha ha.  Here are their papers from today:

Noah didn't put his name at the top:

And Katie's.  She is also learning capitalization and punctuation rules, thus the name choice at the top, ha.


The heat has us going a little stir crazy.  It's supposed to be a little milder this weekend so we hope to get out and do something away from the house for once.  I hope the weather cooperates!



4 comments:

Andysbethy said...

I love the reading pic, and am so proud of Noah. He is such a good big brother. Canaan and I started cursive this year too. I am hoping it will be easier for him then printing, since he hates printing!

Jocelyn said...

Awwww! :)

It's awesome that you record everything -- seems like soon the calendar will be filling up rather quickly :)

Noah is so cute! :) He is such a great brother to Ruby - soo so sweet!!

Marine biology sounds like loads of fun!! =) Glad you have that extra time :)

Hope the weather gets cooler!

Karen said...

Time does hurry by, doesn't it? Seems like only a few years ago that Katie was Ruby's size...

I LOVE the pictures, and the handwriting papers are great!

Erin said...

That is so precious that Noah helped Ruby to stop crying by reading to her!! How sweet! Hoping my six year old will be as helpful and gentle with her baby sister!