Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Toddler Days

Since Ruby has been about....eh..... 1 day old....she's been pretty high maintenance.
Beginning with a sensitivity to milk, putting me completely dairy free for about eight months, and suffering with some severe reflux, she's always kept us on our toes.

Napping and sleeping are no different. 
Don't get me wrong, she slept well very early on, and hasn't ever really REFUSED to sleep, except that time I forgot to get my frappe DECAF when she was about 5-6 months old.
Her latest trend is to nap in the recliner.
I have sat  behind her, rocking and reading history or science out loud to Katie and Noah while she watches a show or lullabye Pandora.


And within about five minutes, she is OUT.


Out COLD.


Even mid-cheerio. (yes, she loves these owl pajamas!)

So, this weekend, we put a recliner in her bedroom because even though she would nap for 1 1/2-2 hrs in the recliner, it was kind of a pain worrying that someone might ring the doorbell or not be able to unload the dishwasher, etc.

It took a little longer today, closer to twenty minutes of rocking, but eventually....
she was out....


COLD.
She slept about an hour and a half. 

Her latest favorite sayings:
"Mommy, I WUB (fill in the blank, pretty much whatever you are talking about)"
"It's my favit (favorite)"
or many times "It's my favit dame" (favorite game)
"Mommy (or Tatie or Noah, or Daddy, or Nanna, etc) You my best fwen" (your're my best friend)
The other night she came up to me and swaying her hips back and forth said, 
"Mommy, say, Whatchou do----in?" 
(I think she got this from Isabella on Phineas and Ferb)
She loves to try to sing ABC's and the Diego and Dora songs.
Also, she will say "I don wike dat" randomly about stuff.


No comments: