Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Update: Part 2

1. Laundry closet cleaned out, upper shelf organized for linens/sheets. DONE
2. Hallway closet cleaned out, reorganized for board games and school supplies instead of linens. DONE
3. Kids toys moved into their new room, organized on shelves. DONE
4. Noah's clothes moved into Katie's closet with new closet organizer rods in place. DONE
5. "Playroom" reorganized into baby storage space with extra bed set up.
6. Our closet cleaned out and reorganized. DONE
7. Our bedroom completely cleaned out and readied for painting. mostly done
8. Paint our bedroom and bathroom.

WOW!  Okay, so the two more things we've done....#6 and #3 are BIGGIES!  I just this evening finished reorganizing all their stuff from the other room...into their new combined room.  It was a tight fit, but it seems everything finally has a place.  A few things boxed up to take to Meme and Grandpa's house, and a few things going out the door to donate, and a few things set aside for a yard sale.  It's all still in the house, but it isn't piled up in their room anymore. 
The goal is to get #7 done before Saturday, and # 5 and #8 done on Saturday.
I am so excited!  Even though the house is a complete and total wreck because the hallway and extra room and living room all have "stuff" that was cleaned out during these projects...all we have to do is get IT to where it needs to go, whether Goodwill, or downstairs for the yard sale, etc....at least it is out of the crammed up closets!
There IS a light at the end of this tunnel!  And hopefully we'll reach it Saturday!
Then, I can get to the fun part, which is prepping the baby supplies (washing, folding, storing), and packing some stuff for Delivery Day!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Update

Well, we've had part of two weekends to work on some projects.  It is very slow going.  Here's what we have accomplished so far:

1. Laundry closet cleaned out, upper shelf organized for linens/sheets. DONE
2. Hallway closet cleaned out, reorganized for board games and school supplies instead of linens. DONE
3. Kids toys moved into their new room, organized on shelves. Kind of
4. Noah's clothes moved into Katie's closet with new closet organizer rods in place. DONE
5. "Playroom" reorganized into baby storage space with extra bed set up.
6. Our closet cleaned out and reorganized.
7. Our bedroom completely cleaned out and readied for painting. partially done
8. Paint our bedroom and bathroom.

I have accomplished another goal which wasn't included in the original list.  I've cleaned out from under and cleaned out both bathroom vanities (well, Corey did one) and now have towels and washcloths stored under them. I also cleaned out a shower that we weren't using in our bathroom that had become the cleaning supply closet, ha ha.  We also cleaned the junk out of our bedroom but did not get to the closet.  The extra stuff that needed to go to the basement was moved out and some furniture moved around so we have room for the co-sleeper.  Number 5 on the list is getting closer.  The toy reorganization is extremely slow going.  And Corey will need help moving all the furniture out of that room before we can set up the extra bed.

Only 7 more weeks till due date time! Which means.....about 5 more weeks to get this stuff done!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Scripture, etc.

I haven't updated my scripture memory in a while because I am STUCK on this passage!  I don't know why it is so difficult, but the phrasing keeps getting me confused.  So, I'm still working on the one from the second half of January.  Since it is three verses perhaps I'll console myself with the fact that it will just take me three halves of a month to get it, ha ha.  But, that would mean I gotta have it down in....six more days. (edited: I just went to change my sidebar and realized it's already been 3 halves of a month.  Oh well)  Maybe I'll try teaching it to the kids, that usually helps me learn something.  They are pretty quick at memorizing.
Speaking of months...it's only six more days until it has been an entire month of no updating on this blog.  I've been updating the baby blog weekly though.
We're plugging along in finishing up our school year.
We are making next to NO progress on any house projects in preparation for Ruby.  I am simply and completely lacking motivation.  I guess I feel like I don't want it to get done too early, HA! Then it will have a chance to get messed up again.
Here's what we need to get done:

1. Laundry closet cleaned out, upper shelf organized for linens/sheets.
2. Hallway closet cleaned out, reorganized for board games and school supplies instead of linens.
3. Kids toys moved into their new room, organized on shelves.
4. Noah's clothes moved into Katie's closet with new closet organizer rods in place.
5. "Playroom" reorganized into baby storage space with extra bed set up.
6. Our closet cleaned out and reorganized.
7. Our bedroom completely cleaned out and readied for painting.
8. Paint our bedroom and bathroom.

Hmmm....doesn't seem like quite as much with it only being 8 things.  BUT, so many of those things involve cleaning "out" and "organizing" which involves a whole lot of dragging out of huge messes and stuff.  Time consuming.
OH, and our neighborhood is having a yard sale April 9th, so I want to be ready for that also.  We basically just need to pull out some stuff from the basement and throw it on the driveway, ha ha.
Not to mention that there are a few to do things on my personal list, like pack my bag for the hospital, order the supplies I want for post-partum, make an Ipod playlist for labor on Corey's Ipod, and also pack bags for the kids for their time away from home when Ruby is born.
Wow...so much to do!  And only 8-10 more weeks to do it!  Actually, we need to be ready in about 7 weeks just in case.