Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.."

My fast is finished. I have grown so much during this time and really learned a lot about disciplining my body, of having confidence in myself with God, and trusting Him in all things.

You may be thinking "21 days has not passed yet" and that is exactly what I said this morning when I had the thought cross my mind that my fast is finished. Well, that's when God brought this scripture to my mind......I had a plan, but my steps have now been determined. I can't explain it any other way, than to say that my relationship with God has been confirmed and strengthened and I will leave it at that. I don't feel it necessary to share every detail of this, but just know that God will show up if you want Him to!

Something else that I have learned and needed this time to get ready for: a major change in diet. I am convinced that in the past couple of years I have pushed my body to the point that the doctor said I would...to the point of being diabetic. Before this fast I felt sick every time I ate. I have now disciplined my body to the point of showing myself that I have a responsibility to myself, to my family, and to God, to stop "living to eat" and start "eating to live." A difficult habit to break that I believe was another great outcome of this time of fasting. God can use fasting to break habits....even those that aren't "seen" as bad as they are..something as simple as the self-destructive habit of bad eating. Everyone should eat more healthy in general, but for someone on the edge of a serious problem (or already over the edge) like being diabetic, it could be a literal killing of your body to ignore it. Another very interesting thing happened with this topic as well. A friend from church gave me a series of books to read and one of the main things that happens with the main character in the first book is that the person goes through the experience of having syptoms, dealing with, and being diagnosed with diabetes. A mighty funny coincidence huh? I have NEVER read a book with that topic in it! ha ha. The character also has a very close call with his condition, experiencing a short lived coma where he realizes he has to get serious about it.
So, I am determined to get serious about it too.
I don't have much time....so I need to wrap it up....
God has done great things!
More later!

2 comments:

Andysbethy said...

Welcome back. I missed your blogs. I can't say I missed you, since I still talked to you every day, but blogs are different then phone calls! See ya in 4 days.

Chrissy said...

Glad your back...I missed reading your blog. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I wish you luck with eating better. You can do anything with the strength of God.