Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Homemade Salsa Ole!

My wonderful friend Chris introduced me to homemade salsa.... well.. to actually MAKING homemade salsa myself. She had a really simple recipe that she shared with me and after several times of calling her from the grocery store to ask about the ingredients, I think I have it down. It is super good! I will be eager to see if I actually have been making it correctly or if I should have kept calling her from the grocery store, ha ha! It sure tastes good though, so it must be a good one! I experimented with adding text to my photos, so I put the recipe on the photo!


I ended up using too much jalapeno this time... we kept thinking it needed more heat, but I didn't want to go too far...this time I used 1 1/2 whole jalapenos seeds and all! ha ha! So..I ended up adding another can of tomatoes and a smidge more lime juice and garlic as well to even it out. That's why the blender looks so full! Oh, and I usually use fresh lime, but I forgot to get any, so...I had to use the bottled stuff this time. It was still great. YUMMY STUFF!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Mmmm....sounds good!

Andysbethy said...

yum yum. Andy is going to want some now!