Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby Thrashers


The eggs hatched!


When we left late Friday afternoon, we saw the nest no longer contained eggs.


We could only get passing glances at the nest and baby birds from afar, because the mama bird was staying very close to the nest all weekend. She was covering them most of the time and seemed ready for attack, ha ha. So, it was today that I finally got some good shots while she was away gathering food.


We are pretty sure there are two Brown Thrashers hovering around the area. One was walking around with a worm in its mouth this evening when I got home from book club.
It is so cool to see the babies!!!! They just have black fuzz right now. Katie will be so thrilled to see the pictures I got of the babies because they haven't been able to get a good look at them. I couldn't really either, I just blindly took these photos and hoped they turned out okay when I zoomed and cropped on the computer. They aren't bad!
It will be interesting to see how they develop over the next days.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Awww... I'm so glad you have these little visitors for the kids to watch....

Andysbethy said...

You got some good shots! I think that is going to be a great school project, to keep you guys in the learning mood over the summer. I love those teaching moments!
Cute stuff.