“Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”
(click to view larger)
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Time has no regard at all for anyone else. Every minute that goes by is one that can never be used again.
I am noticing how time flies... and crawls.
I graduated high school TEN years ago. I started dating Corey TEN years ago. This July will mark EIGHT years of being married. I gave birth to Noah almost FIVE years ago and my firstborn joined the world over SIX and a half years ago.
It seems like it was so much longer ago that I experienced my first graduation. It also seems like forever ago that I walked across the stage at Shorter College, 8 months pregnant with Noah, at my second graduation.
I can't believe I have been in my "stay at home mom" journey for 3 years now. It seems like I can't even remember what it was like to be a public school teacher. But on the other hand... how it seems like it was just last week that I was boxing up all my teacher stuff and heading home for good.
We are always counting down to something. Or marking the time passed since something.
"..." days of school left. "....." days until I turn 16. "----" week till we get married. "----" weeks till the baby is due. "...." days until our vacation.
"..." years I have been alive. "...." years we have lived here. "...." years since....________.
Then all of a sudden you are receiving invites to your 10 year high school reunion and your baby is about to turn five.
But, I still wouldn't trade it for anything. Every moment that passes marks moments you will never have again, but it also marks a moment that was spent doing something. Something you enjoy or something you worked to do or enjoy. It could be a moment that you will never forget because of the pain.
But,good or bad, there is a reason we have the ability to remember.
Without memories, we couldn't grow, live, learn, I would even venture to say we could not love with our memory.
Whatever happens, happens at the divine appointed time that it needs to happen.
Not a second earlier and not a moment later.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8Just feeling reflective today.
- To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
- A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
- A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
- A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
- A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
- A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
- A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
- A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Here is one more quote that I found intriguing...