Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

A Tree Like This One...

Have you ever sat under and looked up at tree like this one before? As I was doing that today I was thinking about many other very similar trees and similar weather days yet very different circumstances surrounding the occasion. Many different ages, stages, places, settings. I don't know, it just made me think and remember and it made me so thankful for the occasion that brought me under this tree on this very day of July 3rd, 2009.

Not too many years ago this week I was hastily putting together a wedding! If you have read the story on my blog before you know that Corey and I moved our wedding up and decided the weekend before July 7th that we were going to go ahead and get married! So, this week is a sentimental one for me even if not already because of the holiday. (Today is also the 90 day milestone in our Disney trip countdown, so you can click here to read more about that!)

This week, 8 years later, we are enjoying a sunny afternoon at the park with our two beautiful and sweet children! Here is Katie with her umbrella "to keep the sun away."

Our two kids, tree-hugging!



Goofing around...doing "absodutely nothing" (Katie's words)
That's Corey sitting under the tree.


Sweet.


Tonight, getting a ride on Daddy's back to their bedrooms for bedtime. Doesn't everyone have a picture like this? They have done this so many times, but I finally got a picture tonight. That's 111 pounds of cuteness on his back! (yeah, it only happens about once every couple of weeks! ha!)

Sweet day and priceless moments!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Awww...those are sweet thoughts and good pictures...glad you all had a great afternoon together!

Andysbethy said...

That made me cry.
Very poetically done Carrie.

Anonymous said...

oh, how sweet! Yes, we have one of those pictures with you and Chris riding on your dad's back, down the hall, just in a different house, different state, different time......
Mom

Jon Smith said...

So, you're telling me my kids are going to use me like a horse at bedtime? :)

Awesome! You have a very sweet family.