Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

New Favorite Verse and new project

So, I was going to post about something else, but I got here instead. I would like to share my new favorite verse!

"Philippians 4:8-9: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent of praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me, put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

Too many people, I think, just don't think about anything GOOD. And, furthermore, they don't DO anything with what they have.We intend to change that in our family. Corey and I are "embarking" on a new project at our church in which we will be DOING something....and we are really excited! It is a "sister church" project that will reach out to young couples and families in the area.

In light of the new projects in our lives, I choose to meditate with this verse in mind. To dwell on the GOOD things. Yes, I know everything in the world is not good....but as a Christian, my ultimate end in life will be GREAT, so why get burdened by hopelessness, gloom and doom?! Get up and do something! Look up and stop looking around!

Another project I will be working on is finally starting that book I have been thinking about for years now. I finally have a focus: FEAR. In parenting, living, serving God...the list goes on and on. That's all I can share right now, but I can't wait to get started!

This is going to be a great year!

2 comments:

Corey said...

Good for you! I am pretty pumped about us doing this with the church as well. I really feel like God is moving in our lives right now in a way like never before. It is an exciting time!

heathcliff said...

I'm intrigued by book you mentioned. Details, please, when you have them.