Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

A lot has changed since the last time I posted. First of all, I did not win either of the contests that I entered and posted on my blog. The scrapbook stuff: no win. The photo contest: no win. :( I was really hoping on the honeymoon trip, but, I was not even a finalist. There were some really good entries, and I appreciate everyone who took the time to go vote for us!



Last Wednesday Corey and I stayed up painting. Our kitchen is now a nice textured yellow/green. And, the dirty walls in the living room/hallway are a nice CLEAN shade of the same beige they were before. What a difference a coat of paint can make!



On Thursday we took the kids for their first bowling experience with my brother and his girlfriend. I don't have any pictures because I forgot my camera...still waiting for Hannah to share the few she took.



On Friday we got to bed to rest for our busy busy weekend! At about 8:45 Corey's mom came and picked up Katie and Noah for a day and night of camping fun. And Corey and I hit the floor ripping! Ripped up carpet, finished up painting the stairway area and worked as much as we could until about 4:30 when we stopped to get ready to go to the wedding of our best friend's sister. You can see a slideshow of wedding pics here on Bethany's blog. It was, by far, the most beautiful wedding I have ever attended!

On Sunday Morning we headed to church and then home again to get busy! We finished up the cleaning of the floors, pulling staples, vacuuming, etc. Katie and Noah were transferred to the other grandparents for the afternoon/night and Monday. Then Corey started to lay out the floor boards according to the directions given by the floor guy where we bought our supplies. Well, two hours plus a friend's help later, we were not making any progress! The directions given by the floor guy just DID NOT work! Then comes our neighbor to the rescue! Our neighbors who have the same house plan as us just did their floors about a month ago. I gave them a call to ask for some advice and he volunteered to come help us get started. WHAT A HERO! In about an hour we were really making good progress and at about 8:30 pm on MONDAY, Corey laid the last board in the kitchen. YAY!

So, now we have BEAUTIFUL wood floors in our kitchen, hallway, and living room. It was a hard 3 days, but it is something we are really proud of. There are a few little things we didn't finish...still have to do the quarter round and slice a few boards to put along one edge in the kitchen that wouldn't hold full size boards. It started raining Monday night and we were just TIRED! We also still have to figure out how to do the thresholds in the doorways of the bedrooms.

I did take pictures of our project but I am waiting to post until I get some good "after" pictures when it is all done and cleaned up. It still looks a bit like a construction zone around here....but at least with a good outcome!

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

Thanks for thinking that Kelsey's wedding was the most beautiful you have ever been to, and for linking to my blog. I feel like such a professional blogger, since someone has a link to my page as part of their blog!!!