Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Girls' Art Night Out!

Last night I went painting again with a group of friends. Bethany, Emilee (her sister), Chris F, Laura W., and I went out for a night out for Bethany's 30th birthday. We went to the same place I posted about before where you pay $25 and they walk you through step by step painting a 16x20 canvas that you take home at the end. It really is fun and again, we got to see how different personalities shine through with the same picture and instruction. Last night the painting was "crazy flowers." Mine actually got pretty crazy because I was NOT patient enough to paint precise little circles like the teacher was showing us to do...ha ha. You can read Bethany's blog about it by clicking on the link at the beginning of the post....

My "crazy" flowers.
Of course, my children are my biggest fans, so they wanted a picture with my masterpiece.


Here is a group shot that I stole from Bethany's post (thanks!). Isn't it so cool how everyone's interpretation is so different? It was a fun night! We stopped at Steak and Shake on the way home and didn't get home until AFTER MIDNIGHT on a TUESDAY! WOW, pretty wild night, HA!

3 comments:

Karen said...

All the pictures look great and it sounds like you guys had a ball...

Anonymous said...

I'm SO sorry I missed it. It looks like SO much fun!!!!!!

Andysbethy said...

That was a fun night. Thank you so much for having that fabulous idea and for setting the whole thing up! You are a genius.... and a wonderful artist... and a fantabulous friend!