Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chicago!


"The Bean"
A giant statue we want to see...


A "Chicago" style hotdog. Something on our list to eat!

I've been busy on the internet recently...
researching, planning, reading....
about our upcoming trip to Chicago!
We know we want to do the hop on/hop off bus and trolley tour. It's just the easiest way to get around and see it all in a short amount of time.


We know we want some pizza! Chicago style of course!


AND definitely have this on our to-see list: Lego Discovery Center!
It's like a mini theme park...all lego! It's in nearby Schaumburg where we think we will stay because.... it has this...


A HUGE three story mall...where Katie and I can browse, hang out, get our nails done.... while the boys do this....

See the Braves and the Cubs at Wrigley Field. The real reason we are doing this trip to begin with! :) They will have a blast and so will we!
It will also be the weekend that our first baby we lost would have been due. I can't believe it is already almost here! How time flies!
I am truly looking forward to a great time... and hopefully I won't drive Corey too crazy with planning things. I try to get as much seen in as little time possible for as little cost possible! :)

And if all that weren't enough...I made another discovery today....
about halfway between here and Chicago...ON our route...
is the Creation Museum, in Kentucky.


I heard about the Creation Museum a couple of years ago and have wanted to go ever since. But it is kind of in the middle of nowhere we would usually go..near Cincinnati.
I am hoping that we can hit it on the way home..since coming home always takes longer we may want a neat place to stop about halfway??

2 comments:

Karen said...

You really ought to go into the travel business and create itineraries for others...you really do it well!

Andysbethy said...

I have to agree with Karen - you really are great at planning trips.
The Lego place is supposed to be fabulous, and the creation museum has been on my list of places to go for years now. I am pretty sure that is the one my parents have been to, if you want to talk to them.
Also, most of my fam was in Chicago just a few weeks ago. If you want to ask Em for any "this was fabulous" recommendations" I am sure she would be happy to fill you in.