Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Hair Hair Hair!

"Morning Hair" twins!!!! ha ha ha ha!!!
I noticed this a couple of weeks ago and snapped a picture.... isn't it cute??

And....this is me....


After spending a ridiculous amount of time straightening my hair. There is tons of it... I know it doesn't look like it in this picture with it being all straight and smooth, but that was after shampoo, conditioner, and biosilk applied, then over an hour of straightening to achieve the desired level of straight. I can't believe how long my hair is! You don't notice it when you've been doing something else for about 4 months..


If you've seen me in the past 3 months or so, this is probably how my hair looked.
It all started when my hair stylist went on maternity leave, before I actually needed a haircut. Then, it became me being able to pull it in a ponytail or do this all the time, so I kept putting it off anytime I had the cash.
I keep saying that I am bringing back the Jane Austen everyday up-do.

I have actually grown quite attached to the style, especially with summer being so hot and wanting it up off my neck anyway.

It's kind of messy but dressy. And SO easy to do! I never have to wash and fix it, just dry any old way, air dry, no worries of bed head....
I just grab my immense supply of bobby pins and start pulling back hair, and sliding them in. Criss-cross over sections of hair after twisting it around in a messy way. Fool proof and no wrong way to do it.

I am going to need to get a trim soon though..it is getting to where it takes about 20 minutes to take all the pins OUT of my hair at the end of the night, and there are about 30 or so in there at a time..it's just getting to heavy for even this.

I do think I will keep most of the length...just take off some of the top weight. I'm not ready to give up this style option any time soon!

2 comments:

Andysbethy said...

I am loving the "sloppy" look. Easy is always good, right? I know what you mean about heavy though - mine is going to have to go soon, at least some of it, because I have a constant headache lately.
The first pic is my favorite. Those cowlicks are awesome.

Karen said...

Awww...that first one is so sweet!

I did not realize how long your hair has grown...don't remember ever seeing it that long...it looks really good, but I know it can be a pain to maintain...but I think you are beautiful in any hairstyle....