Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm a WINNER!!!!

AGH! I just found out this morning that I won a drawing for a three night stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel!!!!! The catch is that I have to go NEXT WEEK!!!

WOO HOO!!!!! I never win anything and I am so excited!

One drawback is that since it is so last minute, we had no time to prepare for spending money, etc, so I can't take my dear husband or children! *sniff sniff*

But, the bonus for that is that I get to have a girls' three night getaway!

I have talked to my only friend who is as Disney crazy as I am...PJ...so if she can go we are going to head out Tuesday. We will probably just spend time touring the resorts and relaxing! The hotel it supposed to be very nice! I am SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

Update: I have more time to write now....so, pending the budget, and if time permits, we may go to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on the Tuesday night we arrive. It only costs $52 and you get to go into the Magic Kingdom early and see special characters dressed up for Christmas, a special parade and fireworks too. Also, a lot of the rides are open as well. This would be cheaper than the $130 to get a 1 day park hopper, which would be my choice if I had the $$, but I have to think of the other people who are coming also. If I did that I wouldn't be able to eat while I was there, AND my poor friends probably wouldn't want to be power pulled through 4 parks in one day with me! ha ha! We'll see. Whatever we do it will be fun! The resort itself provides a day's worth of activities and I really want to spend time seeing all the other resorts as well.

As awesome as it is to win this, it does come at kind of a hard time of the year for spending $. For us, we are already saving for our trip to Disney in February, and also Christmas is just in a month....so whatever we do I will love it and I can't wait! I will have to add a countdown! ha ha!

*Anyone who would like to make a donation to the "1st ever last minute girls' trip to Orlando and no time to save $", please email me at creativecarriet@comcast.net ha ha!

6 comments:

Marcy said...

OMG!!!! I can't believe it! We really need to at least meet somewhere so we can meet in person!!! I'll email you my cell phone number!

Andysbethy said...

So, I talked to Andy and Mom, and I am totally in!!! So, Marcy, see ya next week! Carrie, let's start packing! I am so excited!

Linzyann said...

How cool!!!! Congrats Carrie!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

heathcliff said...

1 in 20.

Wow! Have fun!

Marcy said...

I can't wait! I am so excited to meet Mickey finally!