I hope I can keep up!
New Year's Resolution Check in:
1. Get out of debt! I will support this cause by being very frugile with groceries and "needs." Though it may not be feasible to get completely out of debt by the end of the year, hopefully a large portion will be gone! Yay!
Well.....we are starting our class in February, and have also planned a trip to Disney that month! LOL....Well, we will be saving an emergency fund too, so we are getting a start...I have done my part so far though, with keeping our grocery bill at a minimum! I have been proud of getting out of the grocery store for less than $100 a week for the past few weeks! yay!
2. Keep the house out of CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome*). My goal is that anyone can ring the doorbell and I will not have to barely open the door to talk through the crack or pretend I am not home. Also...if someone does come over I won't have to tell them the toilet is broken...I will not be embarrassed to allow them to use our restroom! *CHAOS taken from "flylady.com"
So, I did perfect for about 2 weeks. Then, the first day the living room was in a wreck the neighbor rang the doorbell! AGH!!! It is much better though. The laundry is caught up, and a 15 minute rush through at any given time will bring it back to almost perfection, so that is an improvement definitely! Also, our sink has been shiny all day almost every day!!!
3. Eat dinner at home 6 out of 7 days per week! As opposed to buying stuff for 5 meals per week then eating at the most 4 at home. This could save tons of money thus supporting goal number one!
Success every day but the past two days! I claim Corey being gone syndrome!!!!!
4. Stop biting my fingernails. I have been doing this for as long as I can remember. My mom put the bitter stuff on my nails when I was little....it still didn't work.
I did great at this....till a couple of days ago. They were splitting really badly, not growing strong, so it was so hard to keep them from getting torn which greatly impaired my ability to do ANYTHING! BUT, I didn't bite them off, I clipped them! Improvement, will be trying again soon!
5. Eat healthy. I am not putting "lose weight" as a goal, but if I do this, surely the weight thing will follow. Can't gain too much weight by cutting out all that fat and sugar right?
Ehhhhh....not so much. We buy skim milk?!
6. Make an effort to be joyful about household chores. In other words that prayer I have seen that talks about thanking God while you do the dishes because we have food to eat, and thanking God for the clothes to wash because we have an abundance of things to wear, etc. I am so much happier when my house is clean. It is like the state of the house sets my mood for the day, so this will help with so many other things!
I have to say this is improving. I am taking joy in things more around the house. It really makes a difference!
7. Do a Bible study devotion with Corey 5 days every week. We have ordered a book that I think will be good. It is by Beth Moore. This will be good hopefully!
The books are great. We have done 1 day. I did some while Corey was gone. We need to work on this one still....
8. Finish the scarves I started knitting for Katie and Noah. I have 3/4 of one done for Katie, and Noah's is still completely in the skein. (sp?). I need to get going on this one to get them done for next winter lol!
Haven't touched them....yet.
9. Learn to sew and make a curtain for Noah's toy shelf. I have a free sewing machine waiting for me, just gotta get going on it!
Still on the list!!!!
10. If I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all! (The most difficult one to keep of all I do believe!) The only way I see to accomplish this is to just NOT be around certain people, or to come prepared with plenty of things to daydream about while I am around them so that I don't pay attention to anything they are saying. Or perhaps I can work on my attitude.
I have successfully avoided certain persons for the most of the month, but I really have to work on the being around them and still not saying anything...we will see how it goes!
#11: Recycle. I had to add this one today when I filled a trash bag with boxes and plastic bottles from water and cleaning supplies. Maybe by the end of the year we can be recycling at least cardboard and plastic...the main trash fillers around here.
I think this one is the biggest success...but probably the easiest to do! We have a trash can on our back porch and we are collecting things quite nicely. I have to say it has GREATLY improved the overloaded trashcan situation. We only make 2 bags of "garbage" this week, where usually we had one every day! Those cereal boxes and milk jugs really fill up a bag quickly! We haven't taken our first load to the recycling place yet, but it is ready!!
I am proud of the list so far...it gives me goals...and besides, its still January!!!!