1. Get out of debt! I will support this cause by being very frugile with groceries and "needs."
Though it may not be feasible to get completely out of debt by the end of the year, hopefully a large portion will be gone! Yay!
2. Keep the house out of CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome*). My goal is that anyone can ring the doorbell and I will not have to barely open the door to talk through the crack or pretend I am not home. Also...if someone does come over I won't have to tell them the toilet is broken...I will not be embarrassed to allow them to use our restroom! *CHAOS taken from "flylady.com"
3. Eat dinner at home 6 out of 7 days per week! As opposed to buying stuff for 5 meals per week then eating at the most 4 at home. This could save tons of money thus supporting goal number one!
4. Stop biting my fingernails. I have been doing this for as long as I can remember. My mom put the bitter stuff on my nails when I was little....it still didn't work.
5. Eat healthy. I am not putting "lose weight" as a goal, but if I do this, surely the weight thing will follow. Can't gain too much weight by cutting out all that fat and sugar right?
6. Make an effort to be joyful about household chores. In other words that prayer I have seen that talks about thanking God while you do the dishes because we have food to eat, and thanking God for the clothes to wash because we have an abundance of things to wear, etc. I am so much happier when my house is clean. It is like the state of the house sets my mood for the day, so this will help with so many other things!
7. Do a Bible study devotion with Corey 5 days every week. We have ordered a book that I think will be good. It is by Beth Moore. This will be good hopefully!
8. Finish the scarves I started knitting for Katie and Noah. I have 3/4 of one done for Katie, and Noah's is still completely in the skein. (sp?). I need to get going on this one to get them done for next winter lol!
9. Learn to sew and make a curtain for Noah's toy shelf. I have a free sewing machine waiting for me, just gotta get going on it!
10. If I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all! (The most difficult one to keep of all I do believe!) The only way I see to accomplish this is to just NOT be around certain people, or to come prepared with plenty of things to daydream about while I am around them so that I don't pay attention to anything they are saying. Or perhaps I can work on my attitude.
#11: Recycle. I had to add this one today when I filled a trash bag with boxes and plastic bottles from water and cleaning supplies. Maybe by the end of the year we can be recycling at least cardboard and plastic...the main trash fillers around here.
I truly believe I am capable of completing all of these goals. All of them I will certainly need help with, especially #10. We will see how it goes! #4 is the one I expect most to fail in...but I will give it the old college try anyway!