Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Day in the Life: of Noah

Today after ballet the kids and I stopped by Zaxby's for a quick bite before heading to Walmart and Kroger. So, as always, I ask each of them which kid's meal they want (although it is always the same: Kiddie Fingerz for Katie and Kiddie Cheese for Noah). After placing our order, being charged too much a second time at the same location, and sitting down, Noah turns and says to me: "Do Cats really eat this cheese?" pointing to the cheese coming out of the side of his grilled cheese sandwich.
"I don't know, maybe" I said....not really getting the line of questioning, which happens pretty often actually.
It took me a few times of him asking this before I actually understood what he was saying.

Kiddie Cheese = Kitty Cheese. Pronounced the same here in GA, and pretty much everywhere else I think.

I don't know if I was ever really able to adequately explain the play on words, about "kiddie" meaning "kid" "kids eat it" therefore the word "kiddie." To him, a kitty is a cat!

He cracks me up! On a similar note, he was staying with my mom Saturday while Corey, Katie, and I went early to Corey's brother's wedding. (pics to come later, Katie and Noah and Corey all dressed up was SO CUTE!) Anyway, Noah requested to go down to their pond and see the catfish. He said "the fish that eat with their bottoms." ?!?!?!?!?

After experiencing similar confusion my mom put it together with the fact that my dad had told Noah about catfish being "bottom feeders" and that they "eat off the bottom of the pond."

You just never know what a child has pictured in their minds when you explain something to them, or say a word, like "bottom-feeder" or "kiddie cheese."

Hilarious!

2 comments:

Amy Sullins said...

That is so hilarious! Trust me...we have those same moments. I just sit and stare! :O)

Hope you are having a good week!
Amy

Chrissy said...

That was the best laugh I have had all day. We have plenty of those around here as well. I hope y'all are having a great week.