Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

What a night! My feet are aching....truly aching!
Tonight some friends and I went out to celebrate my birthday-early. It was SO MUCH FUN! It was my friends, Bethany, Wendy, Chris, Shannon, and Hannah (in no particular order! ha ha!) On the way to our delicious dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, we played a game in the car. Corey prepared a playlist for us that he and I had worked on the night before, we had a song from the year each person with us was born and we guessed who went with each song. Then we also had a song from the year each person was 18! It was hilarious, but they were all too good, so they got to split the "prize" which was a pack of cute post-its. I KNOW! Cute post-its? YES, they were cute post-its!
So we had a GREAT and filling dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. We also all wore leis as our "party garb" which was a good idea because people asked what we were out celebrating and the people at Sweet Tomatoes gave me a free bag of cookies! Woo hoo!
All the oldies in the group learned some new cool slang from Hannah (the baby in the group), so now instead of calling the old guy in the corner "creepy" we know to call him "sketch." Sketch: questionable, sketchy, etc.
SO.....after that we debated over whether to go ice skating or not. Bethany was concerned that we might not get our money's worth by going an hour before they closed, but everyone ended up indulging me and Chris, Bethany, Shannon and I skated. Wendy opted out but played the part of photographer for the fun. I had never been ice skating before....I had always wanted to but never got the chance. I am proud to say that I did not fall...actually none of us fell. BUT MY FEET HURT SO BAD!!!!! I had to keep taking breaks to get the feeling back in my toes. Apparently I have some kind of disability where I turn my ankles in....it was killing my feet! But, it was fun and I am so glad I finally got to try something I have never done and that my friends were there to hold my hand and make me go around "one more time!"
We had a great time and I am so happy they all got to come! We decided to try to make it a seasonal event: the "girl's night out"
Oh, I forgot to say that I got a very cute "friends" frame (from Chris and Wendy) which will hold a picture from tonight when I get one. Thanks girls! Thanks for the cards and the fun!
Thanks to my husband for having a night out with the kids while I had a night out with the girls, and for preparing our playlist for us!
Thanks Bethany, for the meal :)
Thanks Hannah for the card and the vocabulary lesson.
Now as I sit here, my legs are beginning to ache! ha ha! What a workout!

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!! Hope your day has been great. I'll talk to you later!