Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Birthday....

My actual birthday was yesterday. It was a good day....

By last night though, I was beginning to think that I had lived my last day on the earth, and I will tell you why. It seemed like people just came out of the woodwork to wish me Happy Birthday! When we came upstairs after having school, I had two messages on my answering machine wishing me happy birthday. One from a salesperson at the car dealership where we bought my car, and another from a friend. Later, after we went to eat there were TWO MORE messages wishing me happy birthday!!!! AND, that doesn't count all the well wishes I got on my facebook page...I have never in my entire life had so many "happy birthdays" said to me on my birthday! I really and truly was thinking, "Is this gonna be my last birthday, so many people are acknowledging me today!" ha ha! I know, facebook puts little notifications when your friends are having a birthday, so that wasn't too wierd...but all the phone calls....wierd!
I am not complaining though, and I did wake up this morning...I made it through the night! ha ha! I am thankful to have so many great friends and relatives who sent birthday greetings my way.
We went to Provino's for my FREE birthday meal....and came home afterward for cake and ice cream. Katie said on the way home that I could wait out on the porch while they put up all the decorations! ha ha! She didn't understand why I wasn't getting the house all decked out like I do for their birthdays. I have a feeling when she gets old enough to decorate all by herself, we will be having more elaborate birthdays for the grown ups! And, I can't remember which one, but one of the kids asked what kind of plates we were going to eat the cake on. So funny! For the record, we ate off.....our regular plates!
And, I got my gift from Corey in the mail today!!! It is a gift certificate for a spa package from Greenleaf Day Spa in Cartersville! I have never had a massage before and I am GREATLY looking forward to it....an hour massage and a facial! AHHH!!! It is my combo birthday/mother's day gift....JUST CAN'T WAIT!
Had a great birthday! Number 27 for me....

I also got my driver's liscense renewed today. The last time I had it renewed it was in April before Noah was born in June....not a pretty picture! So, I got a great picture this time and I am good...the kids thought it was a lot of fun seeing me get my picture made. I tried to go on Saturday but the place was closed for CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL DAY! Who knew!? Never heard of it.... So, that means my liscense was actually expired today when I went, but oh well....a lady complimented me on my haircut which made me happy :)

That's all about birthdays for now....Corey's will be in a couple of weeks...on Mother's Day actually...he was born on Mother's Day, 28 years ago. I will have to steal some of the ideas my friend used on her blog to commemorate her husband's birthday...they were all really cute!

No comments: