Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

School Days....

School is going great. Today was day 4, but it felt like day 1, because it was MONDAY! ha ha. Katie and Noah and #3 are doing great in their work. I will post some pictures, but I have just been so busy! I haven't even had time to do good at my workout stuff, but I am hoping once we get in a routine things will be a little better. However, tomorrow starts another couple of things that will throw more stuff on the calendar! Tomorrow is the first day of ballet and soccer!
Katie will have dance from 3:15-4:15, and then Noah has soccer practice from 6-6:45! Wow, Tuesdays are BUSY! I am hoping to get a feel tomorrow for if 5:00 would work out a little better for anyone else, because I am thinking that we could go on over for practice at 5pm, then meet Corey and have dinner all together when he gets off work. But, oh well. It will be fine whatever works out. I am excited for them both, and a little nervous about starting soccer practice! I will let you all know how that goes.
In other news: I picked up a fun little magazine at the craft store today. It is a Taste of Home mini-recipe book of kid friendly recipes. I am hoping to find some fun things in there to make for Katie and Noah...something that will be healthy and kid-acceptable!
Oh...I saw the movie Mama Mia this weekend. It was cute. It was a group of girls going out for a friend's birthday and we just cut up and laughed and commented throughout the entire movie. Yes, we were THAT group of people, ha ha! Actually, there weren't very many people in the theater, so we weren't really bothering anyone. It was fun to sing along to ABBA and laugh at all the silly girl stuff in the movie. Guys would NOT enjoy this movie, but girls (well, grown-up girls) will think it is funny and don't expect an awesome plot or anything, it is actually pretty ridiculous. Oh, and if you like Pierce Brosnon and respect him, then don't go see it either. He makes a total fool of himself and he CAN NOT sing at ALL! It is embarrassingly bad singing!
Well, I have lots to do, laundry to fold and put away, dinner to get ready, soccer practice to plan for, ribbon to cut into new laces for Katie's tap shoes, kids to put to bed, and....let's see, that might be all for tonight.

3 comments:

Andysbethy said...

I am eagerly waiting to hear how the day of "firsts" went. I actually missed a call from you while I was at the grocery, so I will try to call you soon. Maybe I can catch you between activities?
Hope it is all absolutely fabulous.

Anonymous said...

this is one of the few plays i've actually seen, which ended up being great... it's funny to think of ol' Pierce taking a stab at singing, yeeesh

Marcy said...

Carrie, I am so behind on your blog. I am catching up with you over a sandwich! I saw Mamma Mia too and i plan to do a review of it as well. I went with some close friends as well, and I was kind of shocked during some parts of the movie where they were a little "rough", but it was funny. I did think that Pierce Brosnan was not the best singer, but he could have been worse. He kind of looked awkward doing it, even his mouth moved funny. But, he's still hot even at his age.

I think that if I was to homeschool, I would have to have a schedule as well. There are several families at my church that homeschool. My friend Erin has done several blogs on creating a schedule for the whole day and not just for the homeschool part of it, her blog is on my page (A Full Heart) if you want to check it out. She always works in working out.

Anyway, take care!