Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Beth's Texas Sheetcake


I am 28 years old and I just baked my first cake that I made completely from scratch! I found this recipe on the Living Proof Ministries blog and was inspired because I already had all the ingredients! That rarely happens with me and a "scratch" recipe, especially for something baked, usually it needs something that I don't happen to have on hand.

I gave it a try today and the results were WONDERFUL! This is truly a delicious cake recipe! So delicious that Corey actually had TWO pieces, and he never goes nuts over baked goods! His favorite treat is ice-cream, so when he went back for a second helping I knew it was a wonderful recipe! As much as I bake, I have never really been able to impress him until today I think! :) The cake is so moist and the flavor is rich (but not too rich, just right) and has a hint of cinnamon flavor which I really did not think I would like but WOW it goes perfectly with cocoa! We served it up tonight for friends, with a scoop or two of frozen yogurt which made a great companion since the yogurt isn't overly sweet either. Chocolate Texas Sheetcake PERFECTION!

Anyway, like I said, I got this recipe from the Beth Moore blog, hence the title of the recipe.

CLICK HERE
for the recipe.

Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Well, I just ate my piece you so graciously shared and decadent doesn't describe this...very very good...just the thing for a chocolate craving!

Andysbethy said...

I am going to have to make that, soon.
Looks fabulous. Mmmm Mmmm
I got an Amish Friendship bread starter the other day. Do you want me to bring you one when I come?