Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

A Sweet Moment, Friday Funnies, and 7 Things...

A Sweet Moment....(completely candid!)


Karen (my mother in law) participated in a "Friday Funnies" and "7 things about you" post and I thought it would be fun...

Friday Funnies:
Our son, Noah, is a VERY skeptical and inquisitive child. Whereas Katie loves to pretend and imagine and will believe anything you say and not question further, Noah isn't so easily appeased. While we have recently been considering the idea of adding to the family we have casually discussed the idea in front of them..such as "what would you think about having a baby brother or sister", the typical stuff like that. (by the way, no immediate plans are made, just broaching the subject) ANYWAY...I guess Noah has been thinking about this a good bit. I know Katie does...she always has, even before we talked about it, pretending, drawing pictures of us with a new baby around, etc.
The other night when we were settling down for our evening devotional ritual, Noah asked, "So, how exactly does the baby come out of your stomach?"
(He has definitely seen lots of "with child" moms around our church, we run about 10-16 in the BABY nursery
each week) Stalling for time I said, "What do you mean?"
and he said, "well, does it just pop out?"

My response was..."It is just a miracle. It happens however God wants it to happen."

He countered with..."Does the doctor cut open your stomach and get it out then glue you back together?"

My response: "There are different ways it happens and it is just a miracle that God decides how it will happen."

Then we moved on.
Well...apparently my answer was not satisfactory because he asked my mom the same question last weekend when they were staying with them. My mom answered: "I really think that is a question you should ask your mom." And he said, "I already asked her, and she doesn't know either."
HA!

"AND NOW
FOR SOMETHING
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT"



So, even though you didn't ask, here are 7 things about me (that you may already know but hey, here goes):

1. I am crazy about Disney World. I'm not sure why, or where it came from, but I am! I don't even love thrill rides, but ever since my first visit when I was in the 8th grade, I have fallen in love with the elaborate "theming" of theme parks. Corey and I went for our 6th anniversary to Universal Studios and Epcot, the family went for the first time in February 2008, and for the second time in February 2009, and Corey and I have an "us" trip tentatively planned for December of this year. Our Disney blog chronicles all our trips and plans! It is my escape (well, other than blogging!)

2. I am kind of anti-medication. Truthfully. I don't think that there are near as many drugs that are truly useful as there are drugs that just cause more problems for you. I think most everything that is wrong with anyone can be cured with diet changes. My current kick is "anti-artificial sweeteners, especially aspartame and Splenda."

3. I have recently become very thankful that my children were born less than two years apart. At the time it was a very stressful and crazy few years, but now that I am homeschooling I have discovered what an incredible blessing it is! They get along so well and can do many lessons and activities together which makes it a lot more fun for them. What perfect planning, right Corey?! HA!

4. I have never been camping in my entire life. Not in a tent, camper, or under the stars. And...I really don't look forward to changing this fact though I am sure it will happen...maybe.

5. I want to write a book. This is something I have always wanted to do and it on my "want to do list" still. But, I just can't seem to do it and don't know where to start as far as submitting and publishing. I have a few ideas of stories I have made up for Katie and Noah, but I am just doubtful because it seems everything has already been "done."

6. I really enjoy getting great deals with using coupons! (Did you know that?! ha!) Yesterday I spent $11 at Publix and saved $35! I got 6 (24 ct) packages of Chinet lunch plates, 4 (6 ct) boxes of Orville Reddenbacher popcorn, and 2 large bottles of Glass Plus. The $ saved just from my clipped coupons was $17.20!

7. I am kind of thinking about getting a Saturday job. Not sure why....no REAL need. Just an itch I suddenly got for some crazy reason. When I went to Hobby Lobby the other day they had a sign advertising that they need help and it has been on my mind ever since. I even picked up an application and filled it out. Still playing around with options.... a friend suggested tutoring at Sylvan since I have a teaching certificate... but that idea isn't appealing to me as much as Hobby Lobby. I think it is because I love shopping at Hobby Lobby, so that probably in reality isn't a great idea for a place to work! It might not be profitable!

The End.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sweet picture...you could write a book about the things that have popped out of your kids mouths...they really kept me entertained last night with their questions and observations...

Enjoyed your list...make sure you get that Kreativ blogger award if you want it....

Daniel & Heidi Hicks said...

love reading your blog! you always make me laugh...LOVE your honesty!!!
Heidi

Andysbethy said...

You have not mentioned the Sat. job idea to me... I think that would have been a phone worthy subject, since you knew I wasn't reading your blog lately.
So, how has that idea progressed since this post was written? Give me an update next time I talk to you girl!
Also, I am going to do my best to change your "never been camping" status. We will have to fix that!
Love you!