1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Traveled to Amish country, Pittsburgh, Hershey, and Philadelphia! (and Delaware, blah!)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I am sure mine were partially done and partially a failure...as always. Probably the same for this year! ha!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but a good friend will in April, so I am excited about that!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. But, we did experience the loss of a pregnancy. :(
5. What countries did you visit?
The good old U.S.A! ha ha! (kept the same answer as last year!)
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More control over our finances!!! (same as last year) and more time working in the basement/house on projects!
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 18th and 24th....the dates connected closely to our miscarriage news.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Traveling and schooling! Oh, and mastering the coupon thing! That has been an awesome achievement for our family!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Putting back on MUCH of the 30 pounds that was my BIG achievement last year!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Not sure...school stuff is always fun...
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My wonderful friends! They are so good to me and bring so much support and encouragement!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The people who ran the field trip at Hillcrest Orchards and hollywood stars in general.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To pay for bills and Disney trips!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Planning our trip to Disney World. ha ha!!! Christmas! (same answer as last year!)
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
This is always so hard for me. It is hard to do right after the year is over and I think would be better to ask many years later...that's when you can really tell.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) poorer or richer?
(a) Sadder (just because of our recent experience)
(b) Definitely fatter :((( Boo hoo!
(c) Richer and Poorer! ha ha!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Playing games as a family
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about things I can't control and spending money.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with the kids! (same as last year...)
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I was already in love!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office and Community
23. What was the best book you read?
So many great choices, again! I loved Believing God, by Beth Moore, and Mary (a novella in the Francine Rivers lineage of Jesus series).
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
10th Avenue North!
25. What did you want and get?
A trip for just Corey and myself to Disney!
26. What did you want and not get?
out of debt...hmmmm....looking at number 25. ha ha!
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
I saw several funny movies, but really enjoyed Up a lot!
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 this year. I had a bunch of friends over for a combined birthday and 31 party! Got tons of free stuff! I also went and painted a picture at Sips n Strokes which was fun!
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting out of debt... celebrating a pregnancy at Christmas instead of mourning the loss... and as always...winning a million dollars!
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
31. What kept you sane?
Bible study/book club, my friends and family.
32. Who did you miss?
My husband. He was gone for longer periods of time this past year.
33. Who was the best new person you met?
It wasn't someone I had never met, but I did really get to know someone, a friend, named Debbie. I am so glad to know her better now and hang out!
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch! Lesson of the year, as cliche as it is!
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. from "By Your Side"
Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run
And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you
Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life