Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of the Year Meme

I actually went googling for an end of the year topic, and found this. If you would like to participate, leave your link in the comments. It seems fun and contemplative at the same time....

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Coached my 4 year old's soccer team!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I accomplished some of them, failed at some of them. To be updated in 2009 in a blog post I am sure!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not someone really "close" to me, but someone very dear to our family. My husband's great granddaddy passed away. A true saint!

5. What countries did you visit?
The good old U.S.A! ha ha!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More control over our finances!!!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don't keep up with dates well...

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Staying on track with homeschooling (a consistent daily schedule), keeping the house in better order, coaching soccer, losing 30 pounds!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Quitting running. It was making me feel so much better!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really. Some personal issues, but nothing to write about :)

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Size 10 jeans! WOO HOO!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My wonderful children! They are so smart, obedient, sweet, and just awesome in general!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Parents who don't "parent."

14. Where did most of your money go?
To pay bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Planning our trip to Disney World. ha ha!!! Christmas!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I have absolutely no idea. The song that comes to mind right now is "Counting on God" because that was one of my favorites that the band at church played on our "opening" Sunday.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) poorer or richer?
(a) Happier!
(b) Definitely thinner! YAY!
(c) Richer and Poorer! ha ha!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Getting in shape!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with the kids!

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I was already in love!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Office

23. I skipped this question....it asked if you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year. Bad question! Can't think of a good replacement...any ideas?

24. What was the best book you read?
I read so many great books this year! I have to say the two that I am thinking of right now are: Redeeming Love (Francine Rivers) and my most recent Bible study/book club book: Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World (Joanna Weaver).

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Beethoven's Wig...a really really great CD for kids!

26. What did you want and get?
A girl's trip to Disney! I won it in a drawing!

27. What did you want and not get?
A complete new wardrobe. The price you pay....

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really enjoyed Wall-E. I don't see very many movies actually.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 this year. Some friends and I went ice skating after eating at Sweet Tomatoes. Great fun!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Succeeding at all my New Year's resolutions. Getting published....winning a million dollars...

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Jeans and t-shirts.

32. What kept you sane?
Praying and blogging, friends, and family.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election.

35. Who did you miss?

I miss no one really.....I miss friends living really close by so we can visit daily :)

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a blogging friend in real life...that was fun! I also met lots of new friends at Graceland, which has been so great for us!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't worry!!!! God does not want me to worry! Though, still working on it....

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. from "Counting on God:"

Joy unspeakable that won't go away
And just enough strength
To live for today
So I never have to worry
What tomorrow will bring
'Cause my faith is on solid rock
I am counting on God

3 comments:

Andysbethy said...

I just wanted to say that I really liked this. I will try to do it soon, but no promises. I will comment again if I do actually do it!
I think you summed up your year nicely. Sounds like a good one.

Karen said...

Interesting questions and good answers...Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

What fun! Doing it now :)