Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Verse Memorization

(If I sent you a message about receiving an award, read down to the last post! Congrats!)

I want to give a little update on my scripture memorization.

It is going pretty well! Last month I had to repeat my verse for the entire month of February....so..I was a little disappointed with that, but I didn't want to move forward until I had accomplished memorizing the verse. It has truly been empowering to have these verses in my mind. I have my little spiral index card set in my purse so I can take them out and read over them if I am even sitting somewhere like dance class or something. I invite you to try this too....I think anyone who makes this effort and actively repeats the scriptures will be blessed so much by God.

Recently there was a post on the "Siesta Scripture Memorization" about a get-together they are planning for next January. It is for all the ladies who have participated in the challenge online. Beth Moore will speak, of course, and everyone will have an opportunity to recite their verses to each other, with special recognition for those who memorized all 24 verses. I think that is a fun idea and a way to motivate someone to keep on going with this! The problem is that it will be in Houston, TX at Mrs. Moore's home church, so I doubt I will be able to head out, but that won't stop me from participating anyway.

Each month on the Living Proof Ministries website Mrs. Beth Moore posts her verse for the month and she says if you feel that it applies to you then you can choose it for your's as well. I haven't done that so far, because it has proven SO true to me that if you don't "need it" then you won't be able to memorize it as affectively.
But, this month the verse she chose really spoke to me, so I decided to take it on for my own. Here it is:

1 Peter 3:9 NIV
"Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."

WOW! That is difficult and challenging. I am excited to see how repeating this verse over and over in the next few weeks changes me!!!!

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

Definitely a good verse! I am so glad you are doing this project, because it inspires me too.
Love you!