Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Interactive Edition

Next Wednesday will be our last week meeting about our book: Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. It has truly been a great read, and I highly recommend it to any woman who is alive...ha ha...not naming a specific "problem" it addresses, but I think it really speaks for all women.

Anyway...I certainly want to start another book with the new year, but am struggling with what to do next. I would love to accumulate some ideas and see what all is out there. I did a google search for "great women's Bible studies and found a few.

What has been your favorite devotional/book/Bible study you have done, and why?

Thanks for any suggestions, I hope to get a good many responses so I have somewhere to start. Who knows? You know how book stores online or Amazon will give you suggestions or say what other people have bought who looked at this book? It may be that your suggestion, even if not used, may lead me to the place where I can find what God wants us to do next, so suggest away!!!!

Here are some I found-what do you think? Click on the title for a link to a description. Honestly, the more I read and research, the more I am leaning toward the second one.

40 Day Journey to the Heart of God an adventure in prayer. This one pairs you with a prayer partner, has 4 days of homework and has you connect with your partner on day 5...sounds interesting.

Believing God What does it mean to not just believe IN God, but to BELIEVE God? This is a book version of Beth Moore's study that was originally a DVD lesson and workbook type thing. I thought the regular book version might be a good way to experience this study. I found a link on Christianbook.com that has a discussion guide for the book with 3 questions for each chapter. There is a devotional journal that looks like it would be a great companion and springboard for daily devotions: CLICK HERE


2 comments:

Andysbethy said...

Sounds interesting, especially the 40 day journey one. You know I am entranced by the Streams in the Dessert book. I know it is old fashioned, but you should look into seeing if there has been a rewrite of it, or a devotional written based on it, because I just love it.
I'll keep my eyes posted for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie!!! I'm just stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas. We are heading to Colorado next week and are celebrating Christmas locally this weekend. I don't think I'm going to be blogging much for a few weeks, but I wanted to come by and say hello. I'll probably stick to Facebook though. Anyway, I pray you have a wonderful celebration. Enjoy each other and the holiday.

Many Blessings,
Valerie