Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

"The First Gift of Christmas!!!!!!"

We had our first Christmas "gift" event of the year-last night-following our "school Christmas program."
First, some background about why we had a school "program."
We have been learning these really cute color songs, where you learn to spell the color by singing it to the tune of a childrens' song. We also sing a days of the week and months of the year song. As well as a number song. We have also been learning a character word of the month with a Bible verse to go along with it. So, a couple of weeks ago I thought of getting them to sing all those songs and say the vereses for their grandparents....thus, the school "program" was created.
They were super excited about putting on a "show" for everyone, and Noah even wrote a poem for the occasion. When we were practicing one day I asked them what else they wanted to do for the show and Noah said, I think we should say this...and he recited this right off the top of his head:

"Lights, lights, everywhere lights,
lights until the day is light.
How much presents is under our tree...
then you all can cheer for me!"

So, we all learned and recited his poem since I just think he is a genius four year old to have just made that up first time through. (Now someone is going to tell me that is from a cartoon! ha ha!)
As a grand finale, they sang "Jingle Bells" with guitar and "bells." Then they handed out ornaments they had made to moms and grandmoms.
It was SO cute! If we can get the video on the computer I will post a bit of it at some point.
After the show, the Christmas festivities for the year began!
We went to eat dinner at Cracker Barrel with Jason and PJ and Kaitlyn and Brendan. Then, we went over to their house to open gifts and just hang out. Here are photos of the entire night. Watch out for the extremely cute picture I got of Katie, Noah, and Kaitlyn!


We had so much fun with them and we are thankful that we have such a great family to be friends with and to start our Christmas celebrations together!


Also--on a side note: Jason's mom brought us a tin of Christmas candy last night. It had peanut butter balls (you know like buckeyes) but it also had the same kind of idea but made with Nutter Butters on the inside and my new favorite Christmas candy--OREO balls!!! YUM!!!! Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas next year?!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Cute pictures....and the show was magnificient! I am very proud of my grandkids and their teacher!

Anonymous said...

can I be on your list for next year? and I want the recipe for the nutter butter butter balls...
(nina)

Andysbethy said...

I LOVE the picture of the girls kissing Noah. I think you have a trio of cheeseballs there! They all seem to be pretty confident in their performing ability! Very precious!