Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Meme....TAG Everyone's IT!

This is one of those "getting to know your friends" type of things. I don't like tagging people, so instead of that I will just say, if you want to do this one, then post a link to your post on the comments and maybe we can all read each other's responses and up our readership for a couple of days! ha ha! I like to see what everyone says on these type of things, so link away!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I use a little of both....I think they are both fun in their own way! Mostly I use gift "containers" that I put baked goodies in...and baskets.


2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake! As much as a real tree sounds quaint and traditional, I just don't think the sensitive allergies in this house could stand it. Plus, I LOVE pre-lit!

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend. I almost put it up earlier this year, but I loved our thanksgiving/fall decorations too much!

4. When do you take the tree down? The first free day we have after Christmas. It gives a fresh new start to the year to have everything down and cleaned up!

5. Do you like eggnog? NO!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A dress up trunk...I had so much fun wearing that stuff until I was just too big for it! ha ha.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Our kids!!!! They kept changing their minds of what they "really wanted" and we were afraid they would be dissapointed with their "thing they want."

8. Easiest person to buy for? My parents. They never buy themselves anything, so they are easy to buy for!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have had several little cheap ones through the years. I just can't let myself buy the nice ones because the one I really want is the Willow Tree Nativity, which is expensive!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? both. Last year was the first year I did an online "chrismas card" letter and blog. It was really fun because it was a great way to review the year. I also love to mail cards, though it is getting expensive with the price of stamps.

12. Favorite Christmas Movies? I love the Charlie Brown Christmas movie! There is nothing like listening to Linus recite Luke 2!

13. When do you start shopping? We actually wait until after Thanksgiving. We don't really buy a ton of gifts. We are doing Samaritan's Purse donations for most of our gifts, baking goodies for friends, and we only do 3 gifts for our kids, so we can get it all done during the Christmas shopping season.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I am sure I have done this but I can't remember specifically....

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? baked goodies!!!!!! Cococut cake, cookies, breads, chocolate covered pretzels (not really baked but good!)

16. Lights on the tree?
yes, prelit white lights! Easy and beautiful!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh I just LOVE Christmas music and it is so hard to pick a favorite. I LOVE "Welcome to our world," Chris Rice version...I also love all the oldies...It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year is playing right now on the Ipod....anything and everything except new modernized versions of the classics (like NSYNC singing Little Drummer Boy or something like that! ha ha)


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This is going to be the first Christmas Day I will spend at home in YEARS. I have only been home on Christmas Day one other time in my entire life! I am truly looking forward to it!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? The real "Santa" doesn't have reindeer. ha ha, just kidding. I can only name them because I just read the list on my friend's blog just now...Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, actually I just forgot the rest after I deleted her answer!

20. Angel on the tree top or star? We have a topper that kind of looks like a snowflake star. It looks like it is make of vines.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? This year we will be having our Jesus birthday party on Christmas Eve night and opening one gift. Then Christmas morning we will open our other two gifts and stockings. So, both.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not enough time to spend with everyone...

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like "natural" looking decorations. Our tree has pine cones and red wooden "cranberry" garland.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham. Lots of appetizers!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I could say that I have everything I want or need, but that just wouldn't be true! ha ha! Actually, my want and need are one in the same: new clothes! I truly do need new clothes...most of mine are too big. I have some tee shirts and capris I got during the summer, but I only have 2 pairs of jeans that are the right size, one pair of khaki dress pants, one long sleeved shirt and two sweaters. I stay home, so I can make it with that, but I would love to have some variety in the shirt department! ha ha!

3 comments:

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Here is my post:

Hallelujah Anyhow

I kept my answers short and sweet (and boring!)

I really enjoyed reading yours!

Andysbethy said...

I finally did it!! I even stole one of your answers!