Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cookie Queen 2008!

Graceland had its first ever ladies cookie swap today! 25 girls from church baked 6 1/2 dozen cookies to share and swap. We all tasted ALL those different kinds of cookies and voted for: prettiest, tastiest, and best over all "cookie queen."

I WON the Cookie Queen title! Woo hoo!!!! My prize was a really really cute cookie jar, and a gingerbread platter that has "Graceland Cookie Queen 2008" on it. I keep the cookie jar, but return the platter next year. My name will be on the botton with the year I won and we will pass it to each year's winner. Here is a photo of my cookie jar. I don't have a photo of the platter because they didn't have the right marker for writing my name on the back so they are going to do that and give it to me later.
correction/update: I do not have a picture of the cookie jar. It appears that our camera has "passed on." We are going to try one more set of batteries, but it looks as though we are camera-less now! AGH!

I am very proud because I worked long and hard on my cookies! It is a recipe I found in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine called "100 Best Cookies." Here is a picture from the website of the cookies and a link to the recipe in case you want to try them! They are very yummy!


Peanut Butter Munchies: (click on the name for link)




They taste even better than they look!

Anyway, that was my fun day! And now I have tons of yummy cookies that I brought home to munch on for the next week or so...and another cookie swap Friday! I think I am making Chocolate Dipped Coconut Shortbread for that one. This one is just a swap, no prizes.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations! They look yummy....I hope you have a sample left of the winning cookie...

Andysbethy said...

So, you made them!! I know we had talked about it, but I never heard what you had decided. I am so glad you made them, and that you won. Now I am going to have to try them. They sure to look delicious!
Congratulations again! I may just have to drive up there and do some sampling.... 25 different kinds of cookies is a good incentive! JK

Ann said...

Your cookie was very yummy...You should post the recipe. Do you know who made the red cookie? I want the receipe to that one as well.

Marcy said...

Congratulations! I am glad that you are having fun baking!