Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

A Lesson in faith...second year in a row!

It started snowing a bit here at our house around 6:00 or so. It was coming down pretty good but not sticking, so I didn't even tell the kids (they were distracted by a movie and I was making dinner). So later, they discovered this fact on their own. By this time the snow was just truly a "flurry" and it just looked like it had rained. They quickly got out a blue plastic bowl...."Mommy!!! Mommy!!! It's snowing! We have to put the bowl out there to catch some snow!!!!!"
Really?! "Well," I said, "it isn't sticking to the ground, I don't want to go out in the wet."
"Come on, we ALWAYS put a bowl out to catch the snow!!!" (always meaning we did that last year)

And, I remembered what happened last year. So...I reluctantly went out on the back deck and put their bowl out in the middle where it *might* catch some snow.

Low and behold if the snow doesn't pick up....here is a picture after about an hour. Nothing huge, but hey, it's something. I thought it was over...but after it was dark a couple of hours it started sticking. Here is what they were excited to see after we finished eating:

The snow has stopped at the moment, but it calls for a low of 26 degrees tonight and scattered flurries, so they may end up with a bit more by morning.

After seeing their bowl, this verse jumped in my mind:

"Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you" -Matthew 9:29

There's a lesson in there somewhere. It kind of goes along with my Bible memory verse for the second part of this month also......"whatever you ask for in prayer, BELIEVE."

The bowl was set out BEFORE it started snowing hard and sticking.
What bowl has God asked you to put out there?
"According to (our) faith" will God do great things for us.

This brings it all around to my verse for the month:

Mark 11:24
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer,
believe that you have received it and it will be yours."


"According to your faith........"

3 comments:

Andysbethy said...

Amanda called me to tell me it was snowing up where she was. I meant to call and ask if it was snowing for you too.
That is a fabulous example of faith. Beautiful lesson, and so well stated. Don't you love that God is already giving examples of ways to apply your verse! I LOVE it when God does that.
Talk to you tomorrow?! Enjoy the snow!

Karen said...

Wonderful life lesson...it's all about that child-like faith...

Kelsey and Travis said...

SNOW!!! It's beautiful.