Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Birthday Countdown: Day Eighteen

PJ asked:
How do you want your kids to finish this statement when they get older:
"my momma always said..."

"life is like a box of chocolates..."

SORRY!!! How could I NOT do that?!?! ha ha.

Okay, seriously...this is tough to decide. Well...as far as things that you want them to remember always coming from their mom's mouth, it would have to be something positive. I want them to remember something good I said...and encouraging.

I think the thing that I think I would want them to remember as a life encouragement would be "God has a plan." A plan for their future, (the best one)....a plan for a spouse (the best one), a plan for who they are friends with and the influences for their lives (the best ones)...the list could go on. Adopting this as a motto will make me more aware of it too and how I am helping to facilitate this in their lives with action and prayer.

Hopefully this could help them endure things that aren't so pleasant...and also seek out the best decisions as they realize that everything they do should be in the best interest of completing God's plan for them.

This was such a great thing to think about, PJ! I think everyone reading this should think about it too! If you stop and take the time, then you can start plugging that in with your kid's now...with purpose! Thanks for making me do this so I can get started!!!! :)


"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).

If you have any other ideas for questions, or missed out on posting one, please feel free to do so today! You won't be entered in my giveaway drawing, but I know some people may have thought of more questions as the countdown has been progressing. I have gone through each person at least once...so I would love to have more choices...if not I will go back and answer some of the multiple question responses.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Very good answer!

PJ said...

I knew you would come up with something very encouraging. What a great think to instill in our kids!

Andysbethy said...

I could not get my comments to post while I was out of town, but I have been reading! I LOVE this answer.
This has been such a fun project. Keep it up please until your birthday.