Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

We interrupt this birthday countdown with important breaking news...


I just SAVED 53% on my groceries!!!!

Highlight: FREE McCormick meat seasonings.... now I can cook all the meat I have stocked up on! ha ha!
Here's the breakdown:
Total: $130.91
Coupons: $30.70
Kroger Savings: $37.76
Total Savings: $68.46 Final Total: $ 62.45


The list of items I am buying each week is getting more and more random as I am able to mostly only buy things that are an awesome deal. We are stocked up on chicken, our cereal shelf overfloweth, and our fridge is packed! I am so thankful that I have been given a love for this whole process, because it really is so fun to me!
I also got one of my prescriptions changed this week....it was costing me about $65/month for the one I had but I have now switched to a different thing and a generic brand that Kroger has on their list of $9 generics! That is going to regularly save us over $50 a month now!!!
You may wonder what in the world I am doing with all this cake mix....well.....it is a fantastic last minute dessert!
I make cake mix cookies all the time!

1 box of any flavor cake mix + 1/2 C. oil, + 2 eggs + 1-2 T water if needed = awesome cookie dough!

Drop and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes...wonderfully moist flavorful cookies and at the price I am getting the cake mix....INCREDIBLY cheap! I always have the ingredients on hand for a dessert for a gathering!

Here's what I got in case you can't see it well in the photo:

8 cans of Dole Pineapples in 100% juice (crushed, tidbits, rings...)
4 boxes of Duncan Hines cake mix
1 container of frosting
2 Schick Quattro razors (regularly around $10 each, I got them for $2.99!)
2 Sense and Spray air fresheners
(I don't usually buy this stuff but I am going to try the cinnamon and see if it is okay...they were only $2 each...regularly $8 or so I think)
3 McCormick season shakers (lemon pepper, monterey steak and chicken, FREE after coupon)
4 jars of Barilla Pasta Sauce
2 Bertolli frozen pasta entrees (regularly $8 each, I got them for almost $4)
1 L'Oreal eyeshadow (FREE after coupon)
1 loaf of Arnold bread
fresh squash
fresh zucchini
1 box of organic specialty cake mix (for my friend, it was marked down)
1 box of organic specialty frosting mix (for my friend, is was marked down)
1 dozen eggs (I have to buy Eggland's Best it is a splurge of mine)
1 gallon of skim milk
1 pack of Yoplait yogurt
bananas
1 onion
1 container of cheese spread (on sale half price)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 can of pineapple, 1 cake mix(make to directions on box), add brown sugar and butter, and you have a very quick and easy and very tasty pineapple upside down cake! I think that you have most of those ingredients ;-)

I think that you have mastered the grocery game! I am looking forward to you getting ALL your groceries FREE one week.
ly
Mama

Karen said...

I used to make the cake mix cookies a lot when my boys were at home.

Your mom is right...you have gotten quite good at this frugal shopping....I know Corey appreciates all your hard work and is proud of you!

Marcy said...

Wow! That's great. Do you plan your meals each week? Do you plan them based on what you have and what's on sale? Just curious!

Carrie said...

I do just plan things based on what I am accumulating on sale. Now I have some more creative things to do since I had the meat seasonings. For example, this week we had a small ham that was marked down last week with baked sweet potatoes, frozen corn, mac n cheese...
Not everything I cook is on sale, I usually have to pick up a few things to go along with what I got on sale "last week" to have "this week."
We also had leftovers one night, spaghetti....I have made stews out of the random things I have...
I always liked making my weekly menu first, but that got SO expensive bc I would have to buy so much each week to make particular recipes. I am actually accumulating so many things now that I dont need much to make what I want.

Anonymous said...

Ok it's official, I have frugal friend envy!